Snowshoeing and Winter Hiking
Venture out and enjoy winter’s beauty! The North Shore offers endless trails….or veer off the beaten path and find your own adventure!
Two Harbors City Trails (Map link here) Lake County Demonstration Forest s a 400-acres of woodland located about 8 miles out of Two Harbors. Demonstration Forest trails are available for snowshoeing, skiing, fat-biking, hiking, and mountain biking, with diverse forest variety, two rivers, and wildlife.
Hike or snowshoe the eight state parks between Two Harbors and Grand Portage!
- Gooseberry Falls (Map link)
- Temperance River (Map link)
- Split Rock Lighthouse (Map link)
- Cascade River (Map link)
- Tettegouche (Map link)
- Judge Magney (Map link)
- Crosby-Manitou (Map link)
- Grand Portage (Map link)
Or in any Scientific Natural Area:
- Iona's Beach (Map link here)
- Sugarloaf Point (Map link here)
- Lutsen (Map link here)
- Butterwort Cliffs (Map link here)
- Myhr Creek Ridge (Map link here)