Winter adventure awaits on the North Shore snowmobile trails! The North Shore State Trail spans almost 150 miles between Duluth and Grand Marais, winding through wooded forest areas on the ridge of Lake Superior. Encounter scenic overlooks, river crossings, state parks, waterfalls, and wildlife. Local snowmobile club trails connect with the State Trail in each area, providing hundreds of miles of trails to enjoy along the North Shore!
Plan your trip:
State Trail Parking is available at the following locations:
- Duluth parking area: Martin Road lot, at the northern edge of Duluth city limits.
- Normanna Road parking area: west of County Road 44.
- Alger Grade parking area: 9 miles north of Two Harbors on County Road 2.
- Silver Bay parking area: located on Superior National Forest Road #11, 7 miles west of Silver Bay.
- Finland parking area: 2 miles north of Finland, on County Road 7.
- Sawbill Trail parking area: small parking area located 5 miles north of Tofte on the Sawbill Trail (County Road 2).
- Caribou Trail parking area: 7 miles north of Lutsen on the Caribou Trail (County Road 4).